Saturday, February 13, 2010

Today the boredom was at its pinnacle….and that’s when I decided to work on my research project. The topic of my project is broadcasting services in India, where I have to compare AAJ Tak with all other news channels.
The rationale behind the topic was that I got a “readymade” report from somewhere, :) but its outdated. So to keep it updated, :)I thought why not to get the concrete information and what better than actually viewing all the news channels live. So I started to watch TV with AAJ TAK on top of my priority list in watching channels. And believe me in the next 1 hr, all what I saw was only SRK’s news of movie release and hoopla created by media. The top story was “Khan ki jeet, Sena ki haar” :) and the news of some communities who are against Valentines idea and the destruction caused by them in various cities.
It’s not just about Aaj Tak but news channels like NDTV are also in league. And to top the chart for showing all the crap news is INDIA TV. Suddenly then, while scrolling, I took a halt and saw news on DD1. The 8.30 pm prime news time and subsequently in next half an hour, I was enlightened with ongoing Telangana issue, some international news of some American university (I was not able to follow it as I got busy in a phone call), Vancouver Winter Olympics and India South Africa Test news. So in a nutshell, I was well versed with Indian, International and Sports news and that too in just hour an hour. I am not saying that I got the perfect business news which we MBA grads are required 2 follow vehemently but then I got an easy escape from all the shoddy news shown by other news channels.
However this just leaves me with 1 question……that why DD National is not able to catch the attention of majority of “URBAN” people when it shows all the relevant news. And why despite being exaggerated as the no. 1 news channel, AAJ TAK is deteriorating its quality.
Well, all what I can best understand is….Marketing takes its toll everywhere….. From how you promote your product (channel) to how to build a brand image (no.1 news channel). It surely has a hand besides all the doings.

2 comments:

  1. Good start..keep it up.Looking forward to more thought breaking posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha maine bhi dekha tha aur likha bhi tha

    http://kumargauravdailydose.blogspot.com/2010/02/6th-feb-10-narayan-narayan.html

    http://kumargauravdailydose.blogspot.com/2010/02/12th-feb-10-shubh-ratri-shiv-sena.html

    ReplyDelete